Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What was I thinking???

I will admit it. I am scared to death. I decided to sign up for the Spartan Race in my hometown. I am not going to go into too much info here, trying to remain anonymous.

Why do I want to be Anonymous? Because here I am going to be brutally honest.  Real struggles, real numbers.

I am in my mid thirties, asthmatic, short and fat. Normally I wouldn't use that word to describe myself, I try to be positive, but lets be honest, I am over 200 pounds right now. Not fun.

Most of my weight issues are due to an eating disorder I have had since I was a child. Its called Selective Eating Disorder and makes life a bit of a mess.

I work an office job, sitting at a computer

I have decided to try to conquer a dream of mine this year to compete and finish a Spartan Sprint Race. Go ahead, watch the video on the website. Then you will see how crazy I am.  So here goes with the Stats.


January 2014 BMI: 46.4

Current Sleep pattern, Averaging 5 hours a night ( not good)

Currently averaging about 2500 calories a day. (Hmm, and I wonder why I am fat?)

Currently averaging about 2500 steps per day.

I am going to do a weekly update at the minimum.

I bought a Fitbit Flex and I am going to hold myself accountable to see how this journey changes me.

If I can do it, you can do it!!!

Wish me luck!!





4 comments: